My Cerebral Palsy means that I use a walking frame outside the house. I use a wheelchair too but I think that my Nimbo frame, which I’ve named Martha, is especially awesome. Here are just some of the reasons why, in no particular order:
- I would find it very difficult to leave the house alone without it
- It has a seat on the back
- I love the colour
- The colour makes other people smile
- When my friends are trying to describe a shade of blue, they will sometimes say things like “a shade lighter/darker than Martha”
- When I’m standing at the top of a hill or ramp I could just pick my feet up and roll down it if I wanted to. I haven’t done this since I was a very small child, but I still get tempted. Pretty much every single time.
- It can double as a clothes horse when I’m trying to get my laundry dry
- I can hang my bags on the sides when I’m out shopping
- I once saw a little girl in town who was crying, when she saw my walking frame she looked at it and stopped crying for a couple of seconds.
- I could choose to accessorise it for special occasions or fancy dress parties if I wanted to.